Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Volunteer role: Combatting Gender Based Violence Expert
Type of role: Advocacy policy and research
Areas of focus: Livelihoods
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Partner organisation: ROZAN
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
To provide expertise knowledge on efforts to combat Gender Based Violence in the South Asian context to the members of the Pakistan Forum for Democratic Policing (PFDP) and diverse strong lesson learning and experience sharing reflection and guidance to the members PFDP.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree
- The Gender Based Violence expert should be fully conversant with the South Asian Region.
- At least 10-15 years’ experience in Gender Based Violence.
- Senior representative of Parliament, retired senior official of a Law Enforcement Agency, retired senior level Government official, working on efforts to combat GBV, policy advocacy and legislative reforms for gender equality.
- Experience of working with forums, consortia and/or alliances
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in the Pakistan context, demonstrating appropriate cultural and security sensitivity
- Master degree
- Previous experience of living/working in Pakistan, and or the South Asia region
Allowance and accommodation
- All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
- VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
- Funding stipulations require candidates for this role to be a South Asian national or of Asian extraction – for example British Asians may apply.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information. To apply click https://www.vsointernational.org/volunteering/volunteering-pro/jobs/combatting-gender-based-violence-expert-a0md000000anyknia3 and to submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application Closing Date: 31 Mar 2017
Interview date: April 2017
Start date: 11 September 2017
|Please check in vaca|
|14 Mar, 17|
|31 Mar, 17|
|Please check in vacancy details.|