Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
The government of Nepal is committed to ensuring that all children in Nepal develop the foundational of literacy skills. Although successful efforts have been made to universalize basic education in Nepal, the focus has now shifted to the quality of the education that children receive. In particular, the Government of Nepal is focusing on ensuring that all children in early grades develop strong literacy skills and habits. LIPS is one such program that is designed to supported the Government of Nepal education policy to improve literacy and numeracy learning in early grades. The Programme is focused on establishing effective and sustainable approaches to teacher professional development and to deepen the teacher’s understanding on quality literacy.
Organization: Action for Nepal (www.afnepal.org)
Job Title: Project Manager
Office Based: Lukla, Solukhumbu
Working areas: Upper Solukhumbu (Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Ruler municipality)
- To manage, coordinate, plan implement and monitor ongoing projects to ensure focus to successful delivery of LIPS program
- Support line Manager on all tasks relating to programme management, budgeting, reporting, monitoring and evaluating, project identification and any other tasks related to LIPS project.
- Conduct follow-up on projects to ensure that the trainers, early grades trained teachers, and head teachers, SMC and communities are actively involved in the project.
- Ensure projects reports are completed to a high standard and on time.
- Ensure the project MEL Framework is implemented and the project is thoroughly documented according to plan.
Experience / Skill / Knowledge:
- Experience of working as Project Manger in the related field for minimum of 5 years
- Experience of working as a Primary school teacher minimum of 2 years
- Experience of facilitating teacher training program
- Knowledge on Nepal Government Education system
- Knowledge on grade and multi grade teaching and early grade reading writing program
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with key Action for Nepal LIPS program supporters, beneficiaries, partners and other organisations.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and autonomously
- Patience, tolerance for other perspectives and good inter-personal skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Master degree (any subject) (Master in Education subject more preferable)
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|09 Jan, 18|
|08 Feb, 18|