Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Summary Overall Responsibility: The Program Officer of the Global Peace Youth reports to GPF National Chapter Leader and Global Peace Youth (GPY) International Executive Director. S/he is responsible for all business of the GPY national chapter consistent with the vision, principles, values, missions, objectives, strategies, branding, and policies of the GPF International HQ and national chapter. S/he leads program development and ensures the operational and staff management runs efficiently.
Strategy and management (40%):
- Align with the international HQ through regularly participating in leaders conference calls, meetings & training programs and providing timely and accurate reports to the HQ
- Develop national chapter goals, strategies, plans, and budget
- Build capacity (HR, funding, operations, financial management, evaluation, partnership, communications, IT, leadership succession, etc.) for sustainability
- Perform other management/operational duties as required
Program Development (45%):
- Develop key leadership development programs, such as, Global Peace Volunteers, U-GEN, Global Peace Youth Exchange, Global Peace Leadership Academy, etc. consistent with global standards
- Actively recruiting participants to international programs, such as Global Peace Convention, IYLA, Global Peace Leadership Conference, etc.
- Develop key social impact programs centered on the GPF focus areas with national significance, such as interfaith, service, social cohesion, regional peace, family and youth empowerment, community development, CCI, etc.
- Build and manage a nation-wide network of contacts, members, local chapters/clubs and partners through active usage of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), database, newsletters, website, face-to-face meetings, etc.
Skills and Qualities:
- Strong commitment and sense of ownership to GPF’s vision, mission and core values.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree, ideally with an MBA, or related advanced degree
- Prior nonprofit experience ideal; management of a global or multi-site organization preferred
- Significant fundraising, marketing/branding, and fiscal management experience
- A financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent coalition building/partnership development skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson and relationship builder
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team
- Fluency in English a must, other language(s) are a plus
- The ability to integrate work with program directors, and other team members.
- Have extremely good time management and workload management skills.
- Demonstrate an adaptive approach to working in a small team start up organization, which requires flexibility, thinking on one's feet, and diplomacy.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- The ability to build a community and thrive at connecting people towards a common cause.
- Organized and responsive: You take ownership of every project you take on and see it through completely, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes, according to ethical principles, to finish the job. You can coordinate all parts of a project and never lose sight of either the big picture or the details.
- Emergent leader: When faced with a challenge, you are confident enough to step in and take the lead. However, you can also recognize when you should step back and let someone else lead.
- Innovative problem-solver: Working on a young program comes with huge and persistent challenges, but you have the determination and tenacity to handle this like a professional.
- Life-long learner: Believing you can always improve; you welcome constructive criticism and openly provide it to others.
- Passionate advocate for social cohesion and positive social change.
HOW TO APPLY: After doing a thorough review of our website at http://www.globalpeace.org please submit your resume with a personalized cover letter telling us why you are the best choice for this position and demonstrate how your competencies can lead to the results outlined to the President at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than September 3, 2017. Only short listed candidates will be called for assessment.
|Please check vacancy details|
|04 Aug, 17|
|03 Sep, 17|