Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Position Title: PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (PDO), NEPAL
Position Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Reports to: Country Director, Nepal
Contract term: 1 year contract renewable, starting ASAP
Deadline to apply: 4 June, 2018
CECI is currently recruiting a Nepali citizen for the position of Program Development Officer reporting to the Country Director, Nepal. The Program Development Officer (PDO) is responsible for Nepal office’s program design and development in close collaboration with the Country Director, project team members and specialists as well as HQ Program team. The officer will also report to Regional Director-Asia for Regional Program Development (PD) while contributing to regional program design and development in close collaboration with the Program Development Team.
The PDO leads the development of quality programming by identifying opportunities, mobilizing resources to work on PD, developing partnerships, maintaining donor relations and leading the design of new project proposals.
The PDO will lead strategic and technical improvements in program design and development to ensure quality and adherence to program standards in line with the CECI PD strategy and standards. As a senior member of the Nepal team, the PDO will also provide leadership and support in implementation of key initiatives, especially pertaining to the Institutional transformation process.
Program Design and Planning
- Be up to date with key developments and innovations in economic, agriculture and livelihoods, and governance sectors and Gender and Social Inclusion.
- Actively track for upcoming project opportunities, facilitate a Go-No-Go decision, and prepare a strategy to develop project opportunities.
- Coordinate writing of concept note and full proposal, including humanitarian response proposals in close collaboration with relevant resources in Nepal and HQ.
- Contribute to Regional PD strategy and proposal development occasionally and as needed.
- Identify relevant consultant to write proposal when needed, develop TOR and manage
- the consultant input
- Lead the program development and funding diversification
- In close collaboration with the Country Director, lead strategic initiatives pertaining to the Institutional transformation process.
Program Development Representation
- Represent CECI with key donors, INGO and NGO partners and Government stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of new partnerships with INGOs in close collaboration with HQ PD team and NGOs in Nepal
- Represent CECI in project quality assurance, M&E and lessons learnt and innovation networks
- Facilitate and develop key representation material such as Capacity Statements, thematic approaches, Results and experience documents.
- Introduce key developments in program strategies, approaches and methodologies to the CECI team.
- Facilitate internal lessons learnt workshop, identify key capacity building areas on technical, approaches and methodologies for the Nepal team and develop a capacity development plan.
A post-graduate university degree in international development; economic development or relevant social science. An undergraduate university degree plus equivalent experience could be considered.
Experience and Competencies
- A minimum of five years of experience in development projects.
- Experience in humanitarian interventions will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development
- Demonstrated experience in donor relations and networking
- Proven experience managing multi-disciplinary program development resources when working on proposals.
- Diplomatic skills and proven intercultural and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated Representation, Negotiation and Networking skills
- Fluency in English, including excellent oral and written communication skills are required;
- A solid knowledge of computer software programs and in particular Internet, word processing and spreadsheet software. CECI uses MS Office and Google Drive;
- Proven knowledge of and commitment to the concepts of Gender and Social Inclusion;
- Experience working with Global Affairs Canada, USAID or EU supported projects including a solid understanding of Results Based Management (RBM).
- Fluent in Nepali
- Superior oral and written skills required in English.
To Apply: All interested candidates meeting the requirements should send a Cover letter explaining the motivation to apply for this position and an updated curriculum vitae (CV) to ServiceRH@ceci.ca before 4 June 2018.
For further details please login to http://www.ceci.ca/en/jobs/695.
CECI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and members of marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
|Post Graduate / Masters in related field.|
|15 May, 18|
|04 Jun, 18|