Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Unification Nepal (UN), Gorkha is one of the non profit making organization registered in the District Administration Office (DAO), Gorkha and Social Welfare Council (SWC) in the year 2009, which was form by a team of youth NGO professionals for sustainable development across the country. It is autonomous and politically non partisan organization which is governed by its statutory/ constitution, financial and administrative policy and code of conduct and other various policies. We have some project with joint venture/ collaboration with different external development partner. This time we are seeking qualified and dynamic WASH officer for Gorkha district.
Job Title: Program Coordinator (Senior Engineer)
Name of Organization: UN Nepal
Provide overall leadership to UN/PURNIMA team including planning, implementation, and monitoring of WaSH program. Coordinate with district level stakeholders to raise profile of PURNIMA WaSH program. Coordinate with Oxfam to ensure WaSH program fits with-in the overall goal of PURNIMA program.
- Responsible and manage all elements of PURNIMA program and project cycle (including needs assessments, analysis, strategic design, budgeting Planning, implementation, monitoring evaluation and learning) to meet target of program
- Undertake regular project visits to monitor and support programme.
- Provide support and management oversight to water users committee with the aim of achieving the objectives of the programme.
- Manage all WASH programme related documentation and correspondence, respond to programme related queries and secure programme documents are adequately filed and stored for future requirements such as evaluations and audits.
- Prepare narrative, technical and financial reports and submit as required by Oxfam on time.
- Initiate innovations on technical, financial and institutional aspect of WaSH program.
- Ensure improved accountability of local government in WaSH program through cost sharing.
- Support staff in technical, financial, logistic, human resources management for quality program implementation through training and coaching.
- Lead to support staff to ensure finance and technical report are prepared with high quality and within deadline.
- Design and implement capacity building of WaSH team in technical, financial, logistic, project management for quality program implementation through training coaching, mentoring, shadowing, OJT etc.
- Ensure projects are planned and implemented as PURNIMA compliance requirements.
- Ensure project are designed in consideration of gender analysis and Prepare gender responsive WaSH.
- Monitor budget vs actual and take remedial measures.
- Ensure value for money in all stages of project cycle.
- Ensure coordination with local government in WaSH program planning, implementation and resource sharing.
- Lead to support water users committee for sustainability of water supply systems (WUC registration, water tariff setting, VMW assign)
- Lead for assessment of WSS, Design and Estimation, prepare design summary reports following national and PURNIMA guidelines and practices with high quality deliverable.
- Lead to manage program team (WaSH officers, PHE Assistant, Water technical, Finance officer and logistic officer).
Technical Skills, experience & Knowledge Essential
- Master’s degree in Civil engineering, Water and Sanitation, Construction Management with minimum 5 year experience program planning, development and implementation in WaSH or Bachelor in Civil Engineering with Masters in any discipline with minimum 7 year experience in program planning, development and implementation in WaSH with at least 2 years in leadership position.
- Strong water, sanitation and hygiene conceptual, analytical and planning skills.
- Strong on Design and Estimation of rural water supply system (Gravity, Lift both solar and electric, community and yard connection) with application of software and report preparation.
- Experience in Capacity building of both technical and non-technical staff.
- Understanding of water and sanitation need of women, disable, children and elderly population
- Experience in working with local government, rural communities and WUCs.
- Willingness to travel in the remote areas on regular basis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in written and verbal English.
- Good writing skills to produce professional documents
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CV with a cover letter and a list of 2 referees, along with their contact information to: email@example.com
Please mention the name of position as a subject line. Applications will be received until 25th May, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for selection process. Salary and benefits will commensurate to organization’s rules.
Women and candidates from socially disadvantaged, minority, and indigenous communities are highly encouraged to apply
|15 May, 18|
|25 May, 18|