Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
We are reputable producer of Electric cables and PVC pipes known for its international standards and strong commitment to customer satisfaction based in Fiji.
Production Supervisor - uPVC Pipe/ PE Pipe Manufacturing Plant
- Incumbent will be responsible for the supervision and direction of employees and for all processes, production quality and quality standards of the plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the safety of all employees by checking the production floor for safety/housekeeping hazards throughout the plant and addressing issues immediately.
- Reports any infractions to management as appropriate.
- Performs duties in a safe manner; acts as a role model for Safety on shift.
- Completes incident reports thoroughly, timely and accurately. Conducts preliminary investigations on safety incidents.
- Reviews and assigns daily safety topic discussion at Pre-shift meetings to Team Lead; communicates with other shift supervisors as appropriate on safety issues.
- Sets production goals for shift based on overall Plant goals; achieves/exceeds production goals and ensures that all shift employees understand and work towards achieving production goals.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials by reviewing blend sheets and production sheet and overseeing adjustments as necessary.
- Reviews product quality throughout shift by communicating with Quality Assurance Techs and Packers.
- Jointly with QA Techs, determines when product needs to be scrapped or placed on hold for higher level review/action.
- Organizes employee driven teams to address scrap, quality, safety or other production related issues.
- Ensures the proper training and development of all assigned shift employees. Works with Human Resources to identify training gaps and develop appropriate training activities for shift employees.
- Assesses employee readiness for promotion, interviews and selects appropriate candidate for vacancies.
- Conducts performance appraisals; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems. Maintains appropriate documentation.
- Prepares staffing plans to ensure adequate coverage on all machines for scheduled production. Reviews production schedule, vacation requests and absences to determine required staffing. Utilizes labour efficiently to achieve optimal operating efficiencies.
- Motivates and coaches’ employees through good communication and frequent performance feedback. Identifies and coordinates additional training as needed.
- Updates automated time keeping system to ensure employees are paid properly.
- Delegates work activities to the proper shift personnel to efficiently manage the shift.
- Ensures the machines run according to the instructions/specifications on the production schedule, product boards, and process specifications. (i.e. correct resin, additives, packaging, line speed, temperature)
- Delegates the data entry of daily production. Reviews reports for accuracy and makes corrections as needed.
- Reviews raw material usage and inventory, monitoring for maximum efficiency.
- Notifies Maintenance of any equipment related issues. Submits appropriate work order.
- Communicates with other Production Supervisors and Director production to anticipate and prepare for any possible production problems.
- Conducts high level pre-shift meetings with employees to provide information on production, quality, safety, policy issues. Delegates responsibility for daily pre-shift meetings to assigned Team Lead.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Director Production
EXPEREINCE AND EDUCATION
- High School Diploma, technical degree required. Candidates with 2-4-year technical degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience with at least 2 years of lead experience. uPVC Pipe or PE Pipe production or profile production experience is preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Safety and Security – Embodies plant wide commitment for a safe workplace; acts as a role model on safety matters.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Managing People - Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of company financial measures; Aligns work with strategic goals.
In addition to the above, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software (Microsoft products preferred)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess mechanical skills
Written applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
Vacancy – (Production Supervisor)
The Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 307,
Ba, Fiji Islands.
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5th April, 2017
|Administrative / Management|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|06 Mar, 18|
|05 Apr, 18|