Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
"Women are highly encouraged to apply"
Nepal Training Specialist:
Good Return’s mission is to enable those living in poverty to achieve economic empowerment through responsible financial inclusion and capability development. We do this by working in partnerships that innovate and strengthen financial services and provide economic opportunities for those living in poverty across the Asia Pacific Region. Good Return is an initiative of World Education Australia, an international development agency accredited by Australian Aid and a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID). Good Return has no religious affiliations. Visit www.goodreturn.org.au for more information. Location: The role is based full-time in country in Kathmandu, Nepal. The role involves considerable domestic travel, and requires an availability and willingness to spend up to 50% of time travelling within Nepal.
Duration: 1 year contract with potential for extension
Scope of Position:
The role of the Good Return Nepal Training Specialist is to provide capacity building, implementation support, and design and development support for Good Return’s training programs and curriculum within Nepal and in other Good Return countries as needed (CAFE Initiative, Enterprise development). In doing so, the Nepal Training Specialist will build partner agencies’ internal capacity to manage and implement these programs.
The Nepal Training Specialist has scope to identify new training solutions, approaches, collaborations, and new partnerships that would enhance the design and expand the delivery of Good Return’s training curriculum packages with emphasis on the CAFE F2F Training, CAFE F2F Financial Coaching and Enterprise Development Training. This may include field observation visits, needs assessment, training curriculum and implementation review and refinement especially ensuring the Nepalese version of the curriculum and resources are in its best quality in terms of language and context. The Nepal Training Specialist is expected to provide input to project proposals and project design documents within his/her scope or field of expertise in collaboration with the Nepal Program Coordinator, CAFE Project Manager and other Program Team staff.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Note: The KPIs outlined below are provided as a guide. Specific quarterly targets (OKRs) are to be negotiated with supervisor.
Project implementation & support activities for the CAFE Initiative F2F training component (70%)
- Manage the successful delivery and implementation of the CAFE Initiative F2F training component.
- Identify and provide support, technical assistance, and capacity building to partner institutions such as but not limited to: training, coaching, and field level implementation monitoring and evaluation
- Build and manage a network of certified CAFE trainers through CAFE partner organisations ensuring that all trainers have regular access to, as well as timely information about, upcoming opportunities for professional development and coaching opportunities, for the purposes of building and strengthening capacity, confidence and overall effectiveness.
- Support the CAFE initiative F2F component in all areas of: program monitoring, reporting and impact evaluation.
- Coordinate regular project level reporting with Nepal Program Coordinator and CAFE Project Manager or other team staff for other projects where necessary.
- Comprehensively document the iteration in implementation approaches, best practices, challenges, and lessons learned to inform iteration for future implementation of CAFE Initiative F2F and Enterprise Development curriculum and packages.
- Achievement of CAFE F2F and Enterprise Development targets (as based on agreed work plan)
- Successful implementation of the CAFE Initiative project in Nepal - as evidenced by indicators such as attendance and completion, positive changes in Knowledge & Awareness, Behaviour, Confidence, and Financial wellbeing.
- On time monitoring and reporting of the CAFE Initiative project performance - quarterly project report, monthly status updates, training reports, pre and post assessment activities, learner story of change.
- Comprehensive documentation of CAFE F2F Training, CAFE F2F Financial Coaching and Enterprise Development Training implementation of best practices that worked, challenges, solutions and lessons learned.
Curriculum design & development, review, refinement & updating of curriculum materials and resources under the CAFE Initiative and Enterprise Development (25%)
- Support the review, refinement, and updating of the CAFE F2F curriculum materials and resources to ensure design, language, and learning tools is fit to Nepali context (including eCourses).
- Provide input on the design, review, and refinement of Training of Trainers, Training of coaches, and other trainer capacity development programs & activities related to the CAFE Initiative.
- Provide and coordinate inputs (from WEI) and provide support to the design & development of an Enterprise Development curriculum.
- Up to date and contextualized Nepali version of CAFE F2F training materials & resources including accompanying elearning courses/modules
- Enterprise Development curriculum captures the context in Nepal.
- Documented consolidated input and contribution to the development of CAFE Advanced - Enterprise Development curriculum in Nepal
- Targets for ToT/ToC and other trainer capacity development programs are met and of good quality -per evaluation result of not less than 3.0
- Curriculum materials/resources/tools review and refinement suggestions and recommendations are fully documented and shared with CAFE Project Manager.
Support Program Development for the CAFE Initiative & Enterprise Development (5%)
- Promote Good Return’s core thematic areas and strategies especially the CAFE Initiative among potential partners and donors in Nepal.
- Conduct scoping visits and needs assessments to determine project and partnership opportunities that align with Good Return’s mission, vision, values and strategy.
- Contribute to concept note or proposal development to form new partnerships and projects with emphasis but not limited to the CAFE Initiative or Enterprise development.
- Contribution to the development of at least 2 CAFE or Enterprise Development concept notes with at least 2 new CAFE partners in Nepal per year.
- Contribute substantially to the development of funding proposal of at least one new funding/donor partner in Nepal per year
Skills and Attributes
- Nepal national, fluent in Nepali.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- 3+ years experience in training and non-formal education in organisational and community level
- Experience in design/development and delivery of training or education curriculum utilising interactive and participatory methodologies and techniques.
- Experience in microfinance, enterprise development, or adult education.
- Experience with using technology or multimedia for education and/or awareness building.
- Ability and Experience in managing training programs or learning interventions with multiple partners
- Degree or experience in business, finance, education, social/community development or related field.
- Familiarity in community organising and development approaches and practices.
- Familiarity with financial education, financial literacy or financial capability concepts.
- Passion and commitment to support others learn and adopt new ways of doing things
- A passion and personal commitment to working towards a world free of absolute poverty
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nepal and to other Good Return Program countries as needed.
Please email your CV with cover letter including 3 professional and character references to:
Project Manager and Financial Capability Specialist
The CAFE Initiative (Consumer Awareness & Financial Empowerment)
Good Return, World Education Australia Ltd.
Applications will be assessed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis, so applicants are
encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The deadline for applications is Sunday 25 March.
To find out more about Good Return and what we do, please visit our website: www.goodreturn.org
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|13 Mar, 18|
|25 Mar, 18|