Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Nepal MEL Data Manager
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field. CAMRIS' clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a qualified Data Manager for the current USAID/Nepal Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (MEL) project. The MEL Project supports achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
Note: This position is contingent donor approval.
The MEL project has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
- Communicate with the with field research leaders on a regular basis while the team is in the field undertaking interviews/focus groups;
- Log all material sent from the field and ensure that files are labeled according to protocol and stored in the appropriate folders in the assessment’s Dropbox folder;
- Ensure that no files contain personally identifiable information regarding the interviewees and that all files contain required interviewee codes, date, time, location, name(s) of interviewers, and number of interviewees, as well as the language of the original interview and whether or not interpretation to a second language took place during the interviews;
- Spot check collected notes and audio files for completeness and legibility and or audio quality;
- Ensure that informed consent was recorded in notes and at the outset of each recording and noting that in the log;
- Communicate as necessary about data problems through email or phone with field team leaders and the field staff, if notes are unclear or seem incomplete, audio quality is poor, informed consent or other required information is missing, or any other issues;
- Handle all communication with contracted transcription/translation companies and/or individuals, including: o Ensuring that they understand and rigorously follow written transcription and translation procedures and adhere to other contractual obligations and limits,
o Communicating on a timely basis to all service providers what the expected flow of work and timing will be,
o Managing the distribution of work assignments effectively, so that there is as close to continuous transcription as possible, without bottlenecks
o Sending interview notes and audio recordings to service providers for transcription and translation with a standard, clear communication of 1) what the files contain and 2) what is to be done with the files,
o Receiving and reviewing completed work and returning work, as necessary (see below) for revision, o Following-up on late or incomplete work and withdrawing and reassigning the work, if necessary, to another service provider/individual,
o Logging the outflow of data to the transcriber/translators and the inflow of completed transcripts and translations;
- Send regular updates regarding status to the field team leaders to individual team leaders, managers, and designated CAMRIS Nepal staff that indicate the total number of transcripts/translations completed, the total remaining to be completed, and the number of remaining interviews to do for each ongoing evaluation;
- Send the first transcript from any given translator to all field/research staff, team leader, project manager, and designated CAMRIS Nepal staff for validation, collect and collate written and oral feedback, and communicating it to the transcriber/translator for correction, and check to ensure that any identified issues have been addressed in the revised document;
- Following the first transcript, send selected transcripts on a weekly basis to the same group as above for review or spot checking and deal with feedback from the field team managers, team leader, project manager, and designated CAMRIS staff;
- Managing STTA data consultants as needed; and
- Perform other administrative, logistic, and organizing responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, information technology, mathematics or other relevant technical field
- A minimum of three years experience in IT database maintenance and administration, preferably in an international development environment
- Strong analytical skills, including but not limited to: demonstrated ability to identify and define appropriate analyses to inform project designs; demonstrated ability to synthesize multiple data sources and stakeholder viewpoints with the most recent development best practices
- Experience working with SPSS, Dedoose, SenseMaker preferred.
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to function independently without supervision
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures preferred
- Excellent communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required.
Qualified applicant are requested to apply through following link:
|Please check vacancy details|
|13 Apr, 17|
|12 May, 17|