Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project, Nepal
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Mid-level position)
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activitya five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Mid-Level) to join the team. This is a full time long-term position based in Kathmandu, with approximately 10percent domestic travel, (largely focused on providing technical assistance on research activities). The M&E specialist will join a fast pace project that typically is expected to produce high quality M&E work under tight timelines. The M&E specialist will collaborate closely with all MEL technical staff. The M&E specialist’s portfolio will depend in part on the strengths of the candidate selected across monitoring, capacity building, and evaluation.The M&E specialist will be a resource who supportsacross components and will report to one of the component leads, either the Nepal MEL Performance Monitoring Specialist or the Evaluation Specialist but also may work with the Learning and Capacity Building Specialist(LCBS). The successful candidate will have deep technical M&E expertise and some experience with capacity building and in managing fieldwork.
- Provide technical feedback on scopes of work of component one (C1) and component three (C3) tasks
- Assist component lead to develop and refine monitoring tools and learning as well as knowledge management (KM) methodologies
- Support to the Mission in Data Quality Assessments (DQAs)
- Review activity level MEL plan for technical quality, including indicators, and data collection methods and provide feedback
- Liaise with Mission staff and STTA consultants under C1 and C3 (expat and Nepali)
- Assist LCBS in deliver training in topics related to MEL to USAID and IP staff
- Support LCBS in handling of learning portal
- Help the Evaluation Specialist oversee and quality control for external teams in developing and implementing qualitative and quantitative evaluations including planning for data collections, development of protocols, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks.
- Join external teams in coding and analyzing qualitative data collected from the field.
- Help liaise with Mission staff and external consultants (expat and Nepali), evaluators, subject matter experts, translators, and transcribers.
- Perform other administrative, logistic, and organizing responsibilities as assigned.
- An advanced degree in a sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Nepal activities (e.g., economics, public policy, international relations, statistics, political science, health, education, agriculture, etc.)
- At least 6 years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation in Nepal
- Demonstrated knowledge in MEL (such as performance monitoring, data quality checks, learning and KM)
- Past experience working in performance monitoring, learning and KM
- Knowledge of USAID monitoring and learning policy
- M&E training experience for local implementing organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Nepali required
Interested qualified applicants are requested to apply by December 24, 2017 through following link: https://careers-camris.icims.com/jobs/3447/monitoring-and-evaluation-specialist-%28mid-level%29-%2cmel%2c-nepal/job
|Please check vacancy details|
|06 Dec, 17|
|24 Dec, 17|