Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. Please visit our website at www.rti.org/globalhealth for more information on our work in global health.
RTI International is seeking “Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist” candidates for the USAID-Health for Life Project financed by USAID and working primarily in coordination with the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health (MoH). As a result, Health for Life Project has a significant national presence to support the testing and roll-out of national-level policies, guidelines and programs. In addition to the national focus, the Project covers 12 districts in the Mid-Western Development Region; 3 in the Western; one each in the Eastern, Central and Far-Western Regions; and in 10 (Dolakha, Dhading, Gorkha, Kavre, Makwanpur, Nuwakot, Ramechhap, Rasuwa, Sindhuli and Sindhupalchowk) most earthquake affected districts to strengthen district and village health systems and help identify and implement best practices. H4L collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and research institutions, training centers, media partners and civil society.
The primary goal of Health for Life Project is to strengthen the Government of Nepal’s capacity to plan, manage, and deliver high-quality and equitable family planning, maternal, newborn, and child health services. Health for Life Project activities directly address key health system constraints in the following areas: local health systems governance; data for decision making and evidence-based policy development; human resources management; quality improvement systems; and knowledge and behavior change. Health for Life Project collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and research institutions, training centers, media partners, and civil society. This position is based in Dolakha, Nepal.
- Manages project M&E activities at Regional Office and provides support to district teams
- Ensures the implementation of standardized reporting, performance monitoring, and evaluation within the office and among partners
- Ensures collection and reporting on indicators at project implementation level required by USAID in consultation with program team
- Monitors progress toward achieving project goals against yearly targets and recommends possible ways forward to reduce gaps identified in consultation and collaboration with Regional Team
- Ensures successful implementation of the Project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP)
- Maintains database of project data on training and other inputs, beneficiaries and project outcomes. Ensures the management of data for geo-enabled analysis where data have geographic identifiers.
- Analyzes data, prepares reports, and shares with H4L Regional and Kathmandu Teams and relevant counterparts. Provides timely support and feedback to district-based staff on M&E and reporting requirements
- Ensures implementation of activities related to H4L’s support in developing and implementation of national evidence-based policy, and shares with H4L Regional and Kathmandu Teams and relevant counterparts
- Takes lead in reviewing monthly reports submitted by districts, identifies gaps and provides support for improvement in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Carries out routine Data Quality Assessments of the PMP indicators, in consultation with Sr. Program Manager and M& E team
- Ensures GESI integration in all M&E activities, particularly in designing tools, data collection, analysis, presentation and reporting
- Coordinates and represents regional-level M&E networks and maintains working relationship with the Regional Health Directorate of the Central Region
- Carry out regular field visits in districts and provides support to H4L district teams on M & E related issues
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, International Health, Health Sciences, social sciences or related field and at least 1 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in M&E, including HMIS, or a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health and at least 3 years of professional experience in M&E including HMIS is required
- Understanding of Nepal Health Sector Program II (2010-2015), MoHP's FP/MNCH goal, objectives, strategies and concurrent issues are essential. Skill in developing database in MS Access or other programs is preferred
- Experience in designing project M&E plans, preferably in FP/MNCH
- Skill in using statistical packages, such as SPSS or STATA. Experience in creating templates in spreadsheets and databases, analyzing data, and database management
- Familiar with Data Quality Assessment mechanism for projects
- Must be fluent in Nepali with strong oral and written communication skills in English (professional level required)
- Strong oral presentation and report writing skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills, and an excellent team player
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with counterparts at all levels, local organizations, private sector, and other program partners
- MS Office and word processing and desktop publishing applications skills
- Willingness to travel about 40% of time in the project area.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should submit a resume with contact information to Operations Manager, Health for Life (H4L), P. O. Box: 3172, Lalitpur, Nepal or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist’’ in the subject line.Deadline is 24 September 2017; however, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Telephone inquiry will not be entertained.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|13 Sep, 17|
|24 Sep, 17|