Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project ,Nepal
Learning and Capacity Building Specialist (1 position)
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity is a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Learning and Capacity Building Specialist (LCBS) Senior-Level position to join the team. This is a full time position based in Kathmandu.The LCBS is responsible for using innovative and evidence-based training techniques to engage and maximize learning in M&E topics among groups of multi-cultural participants from various sectoral backgrounds and with varying levels of M&E experience. The LCBS must ensure that training developed for USAID and implementing partner (IP) staff reflects best practices in adult learning. S/he must demonstrate experience using innovative and evidence-based training techniques to engage and maximize learning in M&E topics among a group of multi-cultural participants from various sectoral backgrounds and with varying levels of M&E experience.
This position is responsible tolead component three (Learning and KM) of the project and reporting directly to either the Chief of Party (COP) or the Performance Monitoring Specialist based on level of candidates expertise.
The Learning and Capacity Building Specialist (LCBS)’sprincipal responsibility is to develop, coordinate, conduct and/or support the MEL project’s learning and capacity building activities, including:
- Assist USAID/Nepal in organizing learning summits and other learning and knowledgesharing events that bring together implementing partners, GON officials, other donors, academics, private sector actors, and other relevant stakeholders
- Support improved knowledge management (KM) within USAID/Nepal and its IPs, including better sharing and use of MEL project and externally-produced knowledge reports, products, lessons learned, and data.
- Implementation of the KM (project learning) tasks, in close coordination with KM Advisors (short-term consultants, STTA).
- Assess and recommend improvements to the Mission’s and IP’s use of technology for KM;
- Maintain along with the MEL headquarters office and encourage locally the use of the Mission’s selected Learning Lab MEL knowledge management and communication portal;
- Support further growth and continuity of MEL communities of practice among USAID’s implementing partners;
- Maintain a schedule of all upcoming and ongoing trainings;
- Develop and maintain a pool of international and local consultants for a range of monitoring, evaluation and learning topics;
- Develop core course modules comprising specific competencies in MEL areas identified through capacity building needsofthe Mission technical staff and IP staff
- Generate, along with international STTA, supplementary M&E course modules via requested modality (in person or online or both) training and workshops in the core M&E competency areas for USAID and/or IP staff;
- Organize and deliver stand-up trainings from these modules generally led or co-facilitated by international STTA;
- Provide quality assurance and revisions to training curricula prepared by STTA
- Provide on-the-job capacity building for Mission and IP participants in core M&E topics such as data reporting analysis and Utilization (DRAU), performance management plan (PMP) and M&E Plan, data quality assessments (DQAs), KM as identified by the project; and
- Support to prepare annual work plans and progress reports.
- As a senior member of the MEL Project staff, the LCBSmeets or exceeds the following qualifications:
- An advance university degree, PhD preferred, in social sciencessuch as an international development, social work, or relevant field with at least 8 years of relevant experience, or Masters in similar fields with at least 12 years of relevant experience.
- At least five years of experience working in the development sector with focus on designing and implementing learning and knowledge management activities as well as facilitating training inMEL
- Experience working with international organizations, preferably USAID, including coordination and conduct of capacity building and facilitation as well as CLA approaches
- Experience using and training on computer applications relating to portal-based data entry, verification, aggregation and reporting, as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills in English (a recent writing sample will be required)
- Experience facilitating or training development professionals and donor staff in English
- Ability to work as an integral part of a professional team, set priorities and handle a high volume of activities
Interested qualified applicants are requested to apply by December 27, 2017 through following link: https://careers-camris.icims.com/jobs/3346/learning-and-capacity-building-specialist-%2cmel%2c-nepal/job
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|28 Nov, 17|
|27 Dec, 17|