Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Learning and Knowledge Management(KM) Expert/ Facilitator
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field. CAMRIS' clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
The MEL Project supports achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs. The Nepal MEL project has three major components:
Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Learning and Knowledge Management(KM)Expert/Facilitator as a short-term consultant for its USAID/Nepal's Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Project. This is a senior level consultant having strong facilitation skill in MEL areas including KM. We prefer all three tasks be conducted by the same consultant, but they may be separated based on availability and expertise of selected consultants. The assignment of duration will be fixed based on clustering of the tasks. The preferred period of performance will be between December and March, including an in-country trip of approximately two weeks in late January or early February 2018. This is an international position with initial and follow-up support to be conducted from the consultant’s home location.
The Learning and KM expert will develop learning summit, learning agenda, and KM training scripts, design modules and facilitate the learning summit, learning agenda, and KM training sessions in close collaboration with Nepal MEL technical team. There are three major tasks that needs to be performed by the consultants are: Facilitate Learning summit; KM training and development of learning agendas across the development objectives (DOs) of USAID Nepal. The details responsibilities under each task are given below:
- Review previous learning summit report as well as other related documents
- Schedule calls with MEL technical team and USAID concerned staff as part of summit preparation
- Draft two days’ worth of agendas and scripts for the summit, and share with the Nepal MEL technical team for comments and feedback
- Facilitate the learning summit (in country)
- Prepare report including participant feedback and share with the Nepal MEL
- Schedule and conduct preliminary needs assessment interviews with approximately six to eight Mission, partner, and MEL staff to determine needs
- In collaboration with the Mission and MEL staff draft training objectives and finalize after feedback using USAID templates, develop two, two days training modules (one for a training with Mission staff and one with implementing partner staff). This includes agenda and detailed script with (specific instructions/guidance for each session), all supporting handouts and materials;scripts for practice sessions so participants can practice during the training;all PowerPoint presentations; and pre/post-test sheet as well as training evaluation form.
- Finalize all materials after Mission and MEL feedback.
- Develop and deliver two events of training to the Mission and IP staff
- Package all training materials, and participant feedback into a post-sessionreport
Development of learning agendas
- Review existing learning agendas and CDCS documents of USAID Nepal
- Prepare facilitation session objectives, presentations, and support material for learning agenda development
- Facilitate half- to two-day sessions to each interested DO team to help develop or refine DO-wise learning agendas and refine a mission-wide agenda. The list of DO teams are Democracy and Governance Office (DGO); Health Office (HO); Social, Economic and Environmental Development Office (SEED); Disaster Risk Reduction, Reconstruction, and Resilience (DR4), a new/transitional office; and the Program and Project Development (PPD) Office. The DR4 office will require approximately two days’ worth of sessions plus follow-up. Requirements for other DOs are to be determined.
- Develop DO-wise learning agendas and a consolidated agenda at the Mission level
- DO-level agendas will be responsive to client needs. That for DR4 is expected to include development of the results framework, possibly a theory of change, key indicators and indicator definitions, a written learning agenda document, scopes of work for follow-on support from MEL or more broadly.
- An advanced university degree, PhD preferred, in a social sciences field such as an international development or affairs, social work, law, human rights, or a similar field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience designing and implementing learning and knowledge management activities as well as facilitating training on the same.
- Familiarity with USAID’s CLA approaches as well as KM framework
- Experience designing and delivering multi day experiential/participatory trainings focused on learning and KM.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
Qualified applicants are requested to apply through following link: https://careers-camris.icims.com/jobs/3199/learning-and-knowledge-management-expert-facilitator/job
|Consulting & Professional Services|
|Please check vacancy details|
|10 Nov, 17|
|24 Nov, 17|