Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Hilly Region Development Campaign (HRDC), Jajarkot is a non-profit making; non-religious, non-political and non-governmental organization.The main working area of this organization is mid-western development region of Nepal with the possibility of extension all over the country. The major guiding principles of this organization are equity, quality services, good governance, transparency, inclusion and justice. Working as sustainable development facilitator and advocates are the major thrusts of this organization.
Hilly Region Development Campaign (HRDC), Jajarkot has been implementing the PAHAL Program, funded by the US Agency for International Development's Office of Food for Peace (FfP), is a five-year program that seeks to strengthen livelihoods, improve nutritional status and increase the capacity of vulnerable households to mitigate, adapt to and recover from shocks and stresses in communitieswith deep poverty and high rates of malnutrition in critical zones of the Jajarkot district like other PAHAL working districts of Nepal.
HRDC Jajarkot invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates (Nepali Citizens only) who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity for the following position;
Position: Natural Resource Management Officer (1)
Location: PAHAL District Office, Jajarkot
Reports To: Programme Coordinator (PC)
The Natural Resource Management Officer (NRM Officer) will be responsible to support District Coordinator and Programme Coordinator for implementation of technical and social activities under NRM outcome delivering at field levels to contribute to achieve the outcomes of Promoting Agriculture, Health and Alternative Livelihoods (PAHAL) programme ensuring consistency with Rupantaran's strategy, core values and principles. S/he will be responsible for the following main tasks:
Delivery of Project Activities:
- Ensure that the planned activities under NRM outcome of PAHAL programme are being effectively implemented in the district as per the programme strategy considering the provisions of PAHAL and Rupantaran principles.
- Create an enabling environment at district for smooth and effective delivery of the programme
- Support for output based planning, activity implementation and monitoring of the field level activities
- Support to develop Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and ensure that activities are smoothly delivered as planned
- Abide by the principles of governance, multi stakeholder approach, disadvantaged group targeting, aid effectiveness and gender and social inclusion in programme cycle management
- Support to District Coordinator/Programme Coordinator to present district level thematic annual plan in DDC council
- Ensure good coordination with DDC, VDC, DFO, DSCO and other forestry sector stakeholders in the district
- Work with VDC, CFUGs, user's networks and other stakeholders at VDC level to form and/or strengthen multi stakeholder mechanism at VDC level
- Coordinate with local government agencies, civil society organizations and LNGO partner as appropriate for effective delivery of the programme
- Ensure the capacity development of LNGO partner staffs for effective implementation of programme activities
- Represent programme proactively in different forums such as meetings, sharing events, review workshops etc. as necessary
- Ensure that activities are planned and implemented as per GESI strategies
- Ensure synergetic effects by coordinating within PAHAL programme themes and other development agencies
Support to Fund Disbursement and Management:
- Support for the timely forecast of plan and budget of LNGO and disbursement of fund to the field for programme implementation
- Ensure the expenses made at partners level are realistic as per the approved and specified norms and has sufficient supporting documents
- Coordinate the district team and their activities ensuring broad uniformity and close coordination in pursuit of the programme objectives
- Support to develop and implement thematic staff capacity development plan based on needs of the programme and staffs
- Coordinate with District Coordinator/Programme Coordinator and other Programme Officers for effective implementation of planned activities and its monitoring systems at the district
- Support for capacity development of LNGO partner and other local stakeholders as per the need of the programme
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor thematic activities funded at district level as per the programme schedule and need
- Support to gather and analyze information to prepare reports at district/regional level about progress, issues, challenges and learning of project outcomes/outputs in specified reporting periods
- Support the monitoring and documentation of field level activities and share progress and learning in relevant forums as appropriate
- Contribute to appraisals, annual review and mid-term reviews of PAHAL programme as necessary and appropriate
- Ensure public auditing is being implemented for each activities implemented
- Support to prepare progress and other reports as , necessary
Qualification and experiences:
- Bachelor degree in relevant subjects (Preferably Forestry, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management and Agriculture) with 2 years of related working experience
- A good understanding of contemporary issues
- Excellent report writing skills both in Nepali and English
- Fluent in Nepali and English languages
The position requires result oriented, motivated and talented professional who demonstrate integrity, leadership quality, managerial competency, and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team. More specifically, the position requires the following competencies:
- Able to identify priorities and focus on important activities
- Proven ability to plan, organize and achieve results on time
Working with people:
- Proven ability: to lead a team, help people to develop; prioritize task in a multi-task environment
- Provide clarity and direction to the partners and their staffs on programme and activities
- Able to manage performance effectively, solicit and values inputs from others
- Demonstrable gender sensitivity, inclusion and pro-poor commitment
- Listening and influencing: Demonstrates good listening skills. Presents view in convincing way. Aware of different perspectives, feelings and concerns.
- Managing relationships: Able to network and maintain working relationships with stakeholders, partners and staffs. Sensitive to cultural differences. Responds appropriately to different situations.
- Positive attitude: Aware on self-emotion and able to perform well with calm and positive attitude in difficult situations
- Conceptual thinking: Able to see the big picture making connections that are not readily apparent (questioning assumptions)
- Good judgment, critical thinking, ability to analyze and problem solving skills and decision making competency with ability to say "no"
- Proven ability to plan, organize and achieve results and experience of managing projects, partners and services
Knowledge and expertise:
- A clear understanding of contemporary development issues particularly on poverty, livelihoods, gender, social inclusion, governance, human rights and peace sensitive development
- Experiences of managing resources to achieve value for money and monitoring of programme and budget
Interested and competent candidate meeting the above criteria can apply with updated CV with latest photo, two references and letter of motivation to email@example.com by 20 December, 2017. Only short-listed candidate/s will be contacted for further process. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
"HRDC, Jajarkot is an equal opportunity employer"
|Please check vacancy details|
|11 Dec, 17|
|20 Dec, 17|