Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
RURAL ACCESS PROGRAMME, PHASE 3
(RAP3)INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - ENGINEERS
RAP3 is a UK-Aid funded 6 year comprehensive poverty alleviation programme which improves incomes and resilience through employment, sustainable access to markets and improved access to economic opportunities in the rural transport infrastructure. The Local Road Network (LRN) component provides employment to the poorest and most vulnerable people in remote districts in Nepal in upgrading and maintaining district roads, constructing district roads and helps strengthen institutional capacity required for sustainable development.
RAP3 LRN Engineering Intern – 10 positions
We are looking for fresh graduates qualified as mentioned below, for a 6 month internship placement, split over two Mid and Far Western districts including the remote Karnali districts of Bajura, Humla, Kalikot and Mugu.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (B.E.) from a recognized university
- Must possess good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Must be available to start in early May 2018
- Preference will be given to those with no working experience since graduation
Candidates for the RAP3 LRN Engineering Internship must submit:
- An essay written in good quality English and of no more than 500 words in your own words expressing original thoughton “If you were in charge, what would you do to improve Road Safety in Nepal?”
- Curriculum Vitae (Word format) listing your educational background and professional experience (if any).
- Scan copy of transcript/mark sheet of Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Eligible candidates must apply before 17:00 hrs, Friday, 30th March 2018, by submitting the above mentioned requisites via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should clearly mention ‘LRN Internship’ in the email subject line. Applications are welcomed from all parts of the community and we encourage interest from Women, Dalits, Disadvantaged Janajatis and Madhesis. We encourage applicants to visit our website http://rapnepal.com/ for more information about the Programme.
A panel of experts from RAP3 will shortlist applications for interview. The decision to shortlist candidates lies solely with RAP3 and therefore cannot be challenged. Successful applicants will be notified at the earliest possible date, and are discouraged to contact RAP3 office regarding outcome of their application.
The selected candidates will be entitled to a monthly stipend and allowances as per RAP3 Norms.
Rural Access Programme (RAP3)
|Engineering - Civil|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|08 Mar, 18|
|30 Mar, 18|