Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
TITLE: Health System Strengthening (HSS) Director
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background:
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The HSS Director will primarily engage with the Logistics Management Division (LMD), or the entity responsible for supply chain management with the Ministry of Health and relevant divisions and ministries of the Government of Nepal (GON) in provinces,and with external development partners (EDPs) to remain informed of significant changes, progress, and challenges related to the health commodity supply chain and the regulations, actors, and projects.
This is a leadership position that requires a high level of understanding, tact and strategic vision on management, supervision, coordination and reporting. The successful candidate will report to the Country Director. The position and key responsibilities includes but not limited to,
- Oversee project supply chain activities to improve quality and reduce health facility stockouts
- Identify partners and plans that could contribute to project technical assistance to maximize impact and reduce the duplication of activities
- Identify opportunities in the private sector to complement and strengthen public sector work
- Support the Government of Nepal’s (GoN) Logistics Working Group and support the othertechnical Working Group on Supply Chain and Procurement
- Lead project support to implement the Electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS).
- Support project supply chain management activities
- Assess the central, provincial, district/municipality and facility level supply chain business processes and identify key performance indicators to be used to monitor the supply chain process.
- Design and implement systems that will facilitate smooth and efficient receipt, storage, transport, and delivery of health commodities in the warehouses in accordance with Good Distribution Practices.
- Support the implementation of eLMIS that will ensure efficient and effective flow of information and goods in the supply chain.
- Develop advocacy materials and liaise with finance and line departments to ensure allocation of budget for supply chain activities.
- Provide technical assistance to map provinces and facilities and develop a cost-effective routing system.
- Facilitate the capture of supply chain transactions and the maintenance of complete and accurate records at each stage of service delivery.
- Facilitate the preparation and dissemination of periodic supply chain reports for use in planning and performance management.
- Regularly evaluate control measures used to manage risk in all supply chain business processes and guide management in development and improvement of control measures as necessary.
- Oversee assistance to LMD’s forecasting and quantification including (i) commodity quantification; (ii) pipeline reviews; (iii) annual procurement planning; (iv) Logistics Management Division (LMD) efforts to reduce procurement and supply chain delays and stockouts; and (v) the use of logistical and demographic data by provinces and municipalities to improve demand forecasting and supply planning.
- Take the lead in developing project annual workplans and periodic reports
- Plan and carry out sustainably plan to enhance the capacity and strategic planning abilities of client organizations
- Lead the monitoring of the functionality of the health supply chain system
- Supervise assigned project personnel and oversee project assistance to province-level warehousing and inventory management
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Country Director.
- Advanced degree in health or management preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in senior position in public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies or supply chain management
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex public health programs in a developing country
- Ability to lead, manage and supervise high-performing teams.
- Ability to work with partners to implement complex programs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and proven public relations skills
- Excellent English and Microsoft Office skills
- A self-starter and high performer.
This is a leadership position that requires a high level of understanding, tact and strategic vision on management, supervision and reporting. The successful candidate will report to the Country Director.
- The HSS Director will report to directly the Country Director.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal with a start date of 15 December 2017.
Chemonics International Inc. seek to recruit HSS director for its USAID funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project, Nepal.
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 2-3-page write-up giving your thoughts on how you would carry out the job you are applying for.
- Your up-to-date resume including the names of three referees and their phone numbers and email addresses.
- No phone calls concerning these positions please. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Only Nepali nationals need to apply.
Applications close out date for all positions is 28 November 2017.
|Please check vacancy details|
|06 Nov, 17|
|28 Nov, 17|