Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Job Title: Head of Project
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) was established under the umbrella of the FAO (UN Food and Agriculture Organisation) in 1962 and started as the German section of the "Freedom from Hunger Campaign" – one of the first global campaigns to fight hunger. Today it is one of Germany’s leading non-governmental organizations with a dual-mandate in both development cooperation and emergency response. Non-profit making, non-denominational and politically independent, Welthungerhilfe works to create a world in which all people can exercise their right to a self determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty. To bring justice for all, WHH partners with civil society organizations in the countries where it operates, and is currently partnering with over 100 local partners in 39 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America (www.welthungerhilfe.de). In 2016, Welthungerhilfe supported 8.4 million people with 407 projects abroad. WHH is operational in Nepal since 2012, and is currently managing different project in nine districts under three programme thematic areas (sectors): food and nutrition security; right to food and empowerment; and EQ rehabilitation and disaster risk reduction. Our overall goal is to work hand in hand with civil society in Nepal to empower socially marginalized and economically poor citizens to reinforce their resilience and to ensure their right to adequate food and nutrition.
Together with its partner in the project districts, WHH Nepal has been managing the project titled Strengthening Food and Nutrition Security Resilience of Disadvantaged Population Groups in Mugu and Bajura Districts with an objective to strengthening and enhancing good governance and citizen awareness on food and nutrition security issues; agro-based value chain and market development; and nutrition awareness and promotion. The project will cover three (rural) municipalities and will closely be managed in coordination with local elected representatives and other stakeholders including both private and civic bodies.
The position is based in Kolti, Bajura district with at least 60% field visits in both Bajura and Mugu districts. The position reports to Program (Sector) Manager – Food Security, Livelihoods, and Nutrition; and will visit WHH Kathmandu Country-Office when needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Together with local partners, in close coordination with local stakeholders and with respective line manager, the position is overall responsible for and expected to manage the project “Strengthening Food and Nutrition Security Resilience of Disadvantaged Population Groups in Mugu and Bajura Districts” at field level. This also includes partner facilitation, efficient and timely implementation of project according to detailed implementation and budget planning, ensuring the success of the project as per MEAL framework and project’s log-frame, and contributing to further development and expansion of the country programme, particularly in far-mid western regions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervise assessments and baseline/mid-line/end-line studies in coordination with implementing partners.
- Analyze technical data including appropriate governance, market and food and nutrition security indicators to direct program implementation priorities.
- Ensure application of MEAL framework in project, including periodic progress review and recommend adjustment as necessary.
- Responsible for results-based program and budget monitoring with regular field visits.
- Ensure field level project documentation and narrative/financial reporting according to donor and WHH regulations and report to Program Manager to reflect achievements of the project targets.
- Provide regular and reliable narrative and financial reports reflecting lessons learned
- Contribute to development of program implementation approaches and strategies in line with overall Welthungerhilfe Country Program.
- Ensure integration of good governance, RBA and GESI throughout the project cycle.
- Ensure gender sensitive key food and nutrition practices are addressed and define an appropriate communications strategy to promote safe practices.
- Coordinate, network and develop cooperation with Rural Municipalities/Municipalities/district level authorities, I/NGOs at provincial and regional government institutes, private sectors, thematic networks and other relevant stakeholders.
- Attend and represent WHH in relevant meetings at local, district, provincial and national level.
- Ensure project implementation is in line with governmental regulations/ procedures (e.g. site selection) and do not duplicate activities proposed or carried out by GoN or other organizations.
- Collect and document best practices, case studies, stories and photos.
- Work together with other WHH partners in the district to ensure maximum synergy.
- Ensure adherence to Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) in project implementation.
- Ensure transparency, complain response mechanism and inclusiveness in information management.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Country Director.
The following are the MUST requirements of the position:
- Master in Agricultural Science with at least five years of professional experience in a similar position, or Bachelor of Agricultural Science with at least ten years of experience.
- Knowledge on, and sound technical understanding of good governance and citizen empowerment, agro-based value chain and private sector development, and nutrition awareness and promotion is required.
- Excellent in written and spoken English and Nepali languages.
- Excellent report writing, case study formulation, and inter-personal communication skills.
- Familiarity to work with website, online/offline gadgets & intranet applications incl. social media.
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills
- Ability to integrate gender issues and right based approaches within a conservative environment and indigenous community setting
- Creative, flexible and pro-active, willingness to learn and to share knowledge.
- Willingness to work in the field, with overnight stays (village level)
- Valid Driver’s License, able to ride a motorcycle in rural environment.
The below requirements are DESIRABLE and will be a plus for the position:
- Degree in management or social work.
- Target area local languages and German language is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Power point), and GIS skills
- Good working knowledge of modern communication technology.
- Knowledge and experience of digital-based (smart-phone) based data collection and analysis.
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Political and cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Able to take initiative, self-motivated/independently working
- Organized personality
SALARY AND DURATION:
Gross monthly salary including provident fund is NPR 96,648 and will be increased to NPR 116,044 after satisfactory completion of probation period of six months. We also provide a remoteness allowance of NPR 10,000 per month and benefits like festival allowance and gratuity. The staff member will be also covered by group personal accident insurance and family medical expense for four immediate family members including the staff member. We also provide annual leave of 24 days.
The position is expected to be needed at least for total project duration of 36 months, and based on the performance, project continuation and funding availability, it can go for longer duration.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are requested to submit the cover letter and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position applying for at the subject line. There is no application deadline as such and the position will be fulfilled as earliest as possible when the appropriate candidate is found/ finalized.
WHH Nepal is an equal opportunity employer, hence female and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Telephone enquiry is not entertained. The recruitment process includes both written and interview tests, and selection will be made based on position’s competency criteria scores.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|29 Nov, 17|
|27 Dec, 17|