Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Communication and Knowledge Management coordinator is responsible for communication and documentation related activities of VSO Nepal’s Inclusive Governance (IG) Programme which includes support and maintain communications with project collaborators, implementing agencies and develop and assist to execute the communications strategy, maintain project/programme documentation and information sharing.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Technical Expertise – Bachelor’s’ degree (, and social sciences;
- Master’s degree preferred) in Communication, Journalism
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in media, journalism, marketing, I/NGOs, UN agency and other development sector.
- Good background on case study development. Ability to analyses information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided. Capable of applying his/her skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training and the transfer of technical skills to others.
- Ability to work i.e., - Wiki and web content creation;- Digital photo and video editing; Social media writing and editing
- Communication and Influencing Skills – exceptionally Strong written and verbal communication skills - able to listen, analyse, present, consult, negotiate with confidence and obtain stakeholder engagement. Able to communicate complex issues effectively to wide range of audiences. Experience of remote and cross-cultural communication, demonstrating sensitivity to cultural and language differences.
- Decision Making and planning – Capacity for inquiry, research, logical and analytical thinking, powers of reasoning and critical analysis. Able to demonstrate sound judgement and a solution focused approach, solving unstructured issues in unfamiliar settings. Able to consider implications of professional value, ethics and attitudes to decision making. Able to plan, juggle complex multiple priorities within restricted resources. .
- Ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly experience in creating and training on the usage of information management e.g. data bases/shared drives e.t.c.
- Experience of working with volunteers and Commitment to VSO’s work and values
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for via http://vso.force.com/jobopportunities/Job_DetailsPage?jid=a0mD000000BrTR7 To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date: 25 Jan 2018
Interview/Assessment date(s): Soon as possible
Start date: Soon as possible
|Please check vacancy details|
|19 Jan, 18|
|25 Jan, 18|