Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Fiscal Agent Manager
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking an experienced Fiscal Agent Manager for an anticipated five year donor-funded Program in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. We currently have Fiscal Agent/Procurement Agent projects in over 13 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Fiscal Agent Manager will be responsible for the financial management of the project, and will train and support the client in its fiscal accountability responsibilities including financial management and reporting. The Fiscal Agent will provide professional services for fiscal management and funds control such as budgeting, financial management, internal controls, accounting, disbursements, financial reporting, and account reconciliation to ensure the proper, efficient, effective, and transparent use of the funds to be provided under the Program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Administer financial management of donor funding to implement the Program efficiently and effectively.
- Design and implement a single chart of accounts and financial reporting templates for the entire Program.
- Establish and implement internal control mechanisms which provide reasonable assurance of accomplishing objectives in terms of reliability of financial reporting, compliance with laws and regulations, and effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Set-up automated budgeting, commitment, and accounting systems, and maintain and monitor these systems on a daily basis.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and updating a Fiscal Accountability Plan.
- Take all necessary actions to prepare or assist in putting together any documents, budgets, plans, reports, disbursement requests, or certifications as may be required by the donor.
- Assist the donor in developing Detailed Financial Plans for the Program on a rolling, quarterly basis.
- Transfer knowledge and skills to entities on the ground regarding financial and grants management systems and internal controls used by the Fiscal Agent office.
- Provide advice on the financial activities of the Program including reviewing contracts related to procurement of goods, works, and services.
- Protect the financial management activity from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Respond promptly and fairly to complaints about the timeliness of payments.
- Cooperate and collaborate with all Implementing Entities and provide inputs wherever required.
- 15 years of experience as a Finance Manager, Controller, or in a similar senior position responsible for accounting, budgeting, financial management, and reporting
- Significant experience in setting up financial management operations
- Knowledge and experience of project-based financial management, grants management, contract management and procurement procedures would be an advantage
- Proven leadership qualities and experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with high-level government officials and business executives
- Previous working experience on projects financed by international donors or development agencies (World Bank, USAID, MCC, Global Fund or others)
- Experience working on projects in the power and/or transport sectors is desirable
- Experience working in similar countries. Experience working in Nepal is an advantage
- Master’s degree in finance, business, economics, or public administration
- Accounting certifications such as ACCA, CA or CPA, or equivalent specialized training
Computer Skills –
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience and proficiency in the use of automated commitment, budgeting, and accounting software applications
- Experience using SAP is desirable
- Fluency in English – reading, writing, and speaking
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Fiscal Agent Manager – Nepal” in the Subject line.
|Accounting and Finance|
|Please check details below.|
|Please check details below.|
|24 Jan, 17|
|23 Feb, 17|