Medair provides the coordination, capacity building and advice to the local implementation partner in our projects. Medair provides project management, technical and monitoring support of the recovery and reconstruction activities in rural VDCs in Nepal.
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Project and documentation Management
- Prepare necessary file and formats (Hard Copies) following government checklists to provide to TOs for grants Instalments processing at Field level.
- Collect all the necessary instalments documents from field staff and verify beneficiary details, construction progress photos, bank account number and agreement number for submission of those documents.
- Prepare and submit forms to DUDBC, DDC and FGCO as per their requirements and ensure to archive those documents at Medair office.
- Liaise with government agencies like DUDBC, DDC, FGCO etc. to get approvals for providing grant instalment to beneficiaries. Compile the summary of instalments and report them to Shelter project Manager.
- Collect and compile the final completion certificate of beneficiary’s individual household.
- Work closely with Sr./TOs in field to ensure timely receipt of beneficiary details and progress information and liaise with IM/GIS officer to update the information in Medair’s cloud storage on the prescribed M&E Template in weekly basis.
- Upload the beneficiaries documents (MOUs, demolition reports, Construction progress photos, construction reports etc) on individual beneficiary’s folder in Medair’s cloud storage
- Translation of documents (Nepali to English and Vice Versa).
Beneficiary feedback mechanism
- Support in motivating community people to call on Toll free number for suggestions and complaints on different activities conducted by Medair in field.
- Receive calls from beneficiaries on TOLL free number and record the feedback in a Medair format.
- Pass the feedbacks and suggestions of Beneficiary to respective department for clarification and move way forward.
- Document and report community complaints and feedback process as part of beneficiary accountability and Upload it in BOX.
- Maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned shelter team, with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships.
- Participate in liaison and networking relationships with local partner, communities, government partners, community level partners and other stakeholders in working areas to implement proposed housing reconstruction project.
- Represent Medair at relevant local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, and other NGOs in absence or assigned by project manager.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with local (government) authorities, VDC leaders, other NGOs and any other stakeholders, representing local partner and Medair and ensuring good co-operation and partnerships.
- This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science, Sociology, Rural Development or Development Studies or any relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in partnership relation with stakeholders at the district with government and like-minded organization.
- Experience in working with cross-cultural setting in I/NGO is preferred.
- Computer literate with sound working knowledge of Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud storage.
- Excellent report writing and translation skill.
- Expert in handling administrative tasks including photocopy, scanning, filing, record keeping, archiving etc.
- Fluency in English and Nepali languages both spoken and written.
- Nepali typing skill is desirable.
- Enjoys writing, public speaking and interactive with excellent interpersonal skill.
- Displays cultural, gender, political sensitivity in workplace.
- Team player, able to handle multiple tasks, manage personal stress level, respectful, accountable and honest character.
- Desire to serve the most vulnerable in remote VDCS of Ramechhap in agreement with Medair Value.
Please go through the link https://goo.gl/forms/xZV21cqWCKk7Bc4r2 and fill out the form to submit your application. You are not required to send your CV, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Please do not make multiple applications. Woman and candidates from marginalized castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
|Please check vacancy details|
|26 May, 17|
|08 Jun, 17|
|Manthali, Ramechhap with frequent travel to field|
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Woman and candidates from marginalized castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.