Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Finance and Administration Manager – Nepal
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) project, Nepal
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field. CAMRIS' clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a qualified Finance and Administration Manager for the current USAID/Nepal Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (MEL) project. The Finance and Administration Manager will work closely with the Chief of Party to lead local procurement actions, direct administrative and logistical support for project activities, manage human resources and supervise the preparation of monthly financial records, all for the approval of the Chief of Party. The Finanance and Administration Manager will play a critical role in translating technical requirements, scopes and administrative needs into procurements that are compliant with USAID rules and regulations, the project contract and CAMRIS procurement policy, and will coordinate regularly with CAMRIS headquarters project management, contracts, procurement and finance personnel.
The MEL Project supports achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
The MEL project has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
Financial Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance and consistency with CAMRIS policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of USAID contracts and agreements.
- Analyze and present financial reports, budget to actual expenditure information and monthly and annual financial statements in an accurate and timely manner to CAMRIS headquarters (HQ).
- Oversee all financial and project accounting and reporting.
- Maintain records and accounts of daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of files and supporting documentation to serve as evidence of transactions.
- Prepare and submit reports and required documentation in compliance with local government laws.
- Ensure cost consciousness at the direction of the Chief of Party.
- Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation, as needed.
- Process cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels.
- Assist CAMRIS HQ with monthly yearly reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
Administrative and Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Manage all matters related to project operations and administration including all project human resources.
- Maintain long and short term personnel and consultant files.
- Provide recruitment and orientation to staff and consultants.
- Work closely with CAMRIS HQ to purchasing and/or maintain adequate health and other insurance policies, etc.
- Manage office space leases to ensure compliance with payments and requirements.
- Manage contracts with IT and local information technology contract ensuring infrastructure needs are met, including properly functioning IT equipment, routine maintenance, security over IT (anti-virus software and regular backups).
- Ensure outstanding organization on financial and administrative files.
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party or CAMRIS HQ as requested.
The Administration and Finance Manager will supervise the Finance Officer/Accountant, Logistics and Admin assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of related sector work experience in international development project financial and administrative leadership roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government financial rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting, USAID experience highly preferred.
- Excellent writing and presentation ability, with demonstrated experience working constructively with high-level government counterparts.
- Experience with Nepali labor codes, rules and regulations required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with oversight over large international development project budgets.
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of Nepali highly preferred.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with the CAMRIS job portal following the link below:
|Finance & Administration|
|01 Mar, 17|
|30 Mar, 17|