Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Supervisor
I - Mission context
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts and environmental health.
Medecins du Monde has worked in Nepal since 1995, initially focusing on TB and HIV control activities in the west of the country. Since 2007 our focus has been in Sindhupalchok District where we have implemented a 9-year project working with women cooperatives to promote sexual and reproductive health along with support to livelihoods through microfinance activities. Following the 2015 earthquakes we scaled up to provide an emergency response – running mobile medical clinics, rebuilding health facilities, supporting the District Health Authorities, and revitalizing the women cooperatives.
Currently, MdM is implementing a post-earthquake early recovery project reviving the cooperatives and strengthening their microfinance capabilities with an integrated health component: strengthening of public health programs through primary health care preventive activities with focused on community participation; mental health; sexual and reproductive health; gender-based violence awareness; and support through WASH installations in the health posts with continuous collaboration and support to DHO in terms of strengthening the disaster surveillance unit and rapid response team. This work will continue until at least May 2018.
We are now in the process of starting a new 4 year project focusing on environmental health in the Kathmandu Valley, and it is anticipated that in 2018 we will develop further projects focusing on sexual and reproductive health.
We are recruiting a successor who can continue to strengthen our monitoring and evaluation processes, write high quality reports, and work closely with MdM HQ, the MdM Nepal programme team and our partners.
Hierarchical positioning: Reporting directly to the General Coordinator.
II- Main aims of the post
Aim of this position is to support to develop assessment, monitoring and reporting tool; collect any kind of information related to project, make report, submit to related organizations and keep records of information and reports and documentation of the project related information, support for program planning implementation and evaluation.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Communication and Reporting
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop/ modify/ update tools (medical-assessment tool, checklists, data collection format) for the effective monitoring and supervision and ensuring uniform in coordination of program and medical teams and partner based on the project nature and set indicators.
- Ensure the functionality of Monitool on the projects.
- Enter the data in the monitoring tool and ensure data has been updated regularly in the set time frame.
- Facilitate/orient the team for proper use of the tools and share the progress/trend of the monitoring reports to the team during program review meetings/ workshops.
- Develop monitoring supervision plan and ensure the monitoring and supervisions are done timely.
- Analyse ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within program field teams and identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data. Ensure the quality data are collected, compiled and reported timely and systematically in coordination with the different departments (Medical, Program, Admin, Logistics and Partners)
- Facilitate to conduct data evaluation in coordination with internal or external consultants.
- Coordinate the preparation of all activity and monitoring visit reports; guide staffs and executing partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission.
- Develop tool and carry out the assessment activities in coordination of program team members to coordinate with the MdM departments and the partner organizations for the efficient implementation of the program activities.
Communication and Reporting:
- Carryout the program visibility activities in accordance with the organization policies including the planning and developing the content for the virtual media.
- Preserve and promote MdM principles among staffs and beneficiaries.
- Ensure the implementation of reporting tools and formats in coordination to program and medical teams and executing partners including the collection and effective documentation of activity reports, monitoring visit reports, monthly database, and narrative report from partners.
- Develop and ensure a time table and reporting mechanism to receive reports from MdM team and partners and submit the compiled reports to government authorities, MdM management and funding agencies as per monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Managers in preparing relevant reports.
- Assist program teams in conducting trainings, workshops, program meetings (DPAC, CPAC) and public audits.
- Coordination with the relevant stakeholders at the national, district and community level for the information sharing according to the need of the organization. Develop and report the feedback mechanism from the beneficiaries towards the organization.
- Assist Program Coordinator and General Coordinator in writing project proposals whenever needed.
- Communicate all the external communications with notification to your supervisor, and represent MdM in different national and international forums,
III- Profile of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor degree in Nursing or in Public Health is essential.
- At least 2 years experience of working in including 1 year in NGO or INGO in health sector in program implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
Skills and qualities required
- Able to read, write and communicate in English at professional level (this will be tested).
- Able to analyze data/information in tabular and or graphic form.
- Computer skill in word, excel is essential. Advance skill in excel is preferred.
- Proactive, organized, responsive and reliable personality
- French- An asset
- English- Professional level of speaking and writing
- Nepali- Professional level of speaking and writing
Duration: 1 year (with possibility to extend)
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Anticipated start date: Mid-July 2017
Closing date for applications: 25th of June 2017
How to apply: send an updated CV in English with contact details of 3 references, and Cover Letter to email@example.com
|Please check vacancy details|
|14 Jun, 17|
|25 Jun, 17|