Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
ELECTRICAL – FITTER MECHANIC
Dominion Wire & Cables Limited is manufacturer of PVC Insulated Electric cables and wires based in Ba, Fiji.
The company has an immediate vacancy for an experienced ELECTRICAL - FITTER MECHANIC to look after installation, maintenance and service of various types of cable making machines. performing general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures.
- Ensuring continuous high standard of machine performance to achieve high standard of production.
- Installation, maintenance and service of all cable making and other equipment in the factory like Butt Welders, AC & DC Spark Testers, Diameter Controllers, Auto Loaders, Hot Air Dryers, Inkjet Printers, Length Counters, Generators, UPS, Screw Compressors, Electric Hoists, Water chiller, Pumps and Steam Generators.
- Resolving electrical maintenance issues include installation, troubleshooting, and repair of control panels and associated components, motor circuits, building and lighting circuits, and control circuits.
- Perform preventive maintenance on electrical and electronic systems on production equipment and the physical plant.
- Inspection and calibration of various equipment such as pressure transducers, electrical and pneumatic controllers, level indicators and controllers, pressure and temperature transmitters, footage counters and, limit switches, are also required task.
- Will work from schematics, manuals, drawings, sketches, written and verbal instructions.
- Complete minor repairs on AC and DC motors up to 500 HP.
- Ensuring optimum operation of control systems and other electrical systems.
- Attending to all matters electrical/technical pertaining to the equipment.
- Attending to major plant breakdown with hands on.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant should ideally have a Diploma in the Electrical/Technical field
- 8+ years of experience as an Electrician in cable manufacturing plant.
- Ability to do long hours and night shift.
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting and good analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of electrical control systems, power distribution systems, motors, instrumentation, PLC's and AC/DC drive system
- Working knowledge of electrical/mechanical drawings, troubleshooting and repair
- Experience in programming and working with Programmable Logic Controllers (Siemens, Alan Bradley & Mitsubishi) & in AC/DC motor drives (Parker, ABB & Danfoss).
Apply in writing with full CV, passport photo and references to:
The Human Resources Manager
Dominion Wire & Cables Limited
P.O.Box 1562, Ba.
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 5th April 2018.
|Engineering - Electrical|
|Please check vacancy details|
|06 Mar, 18|
|05 Apr, 18|