Verscend Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (f.k.a Verisk Information Technologies Pvt.Ltd.)
“Verscend Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (f.k.a Verisk Information Technologies Pvt.Ltd.) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Verscend Inc. a rapidly expanding healthcare data-mining company based in Waltham, Mass. Apart from assisting the parent company with the development of the software, research, and data analysis and solutions, Verscend Technologies is also involved in independent software and website development for other small to medium sized clients. Verscend Technologies is one of the largest software solutions company in Nepal employing around 300 engineers and attracting the brightest of the engineering graduates in Nepal.
Apply Before: 27 May, 18
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Database Administrator (Oracle - MS-SQL)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or relevant subjects
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Perform data modeling, database design, master data management, and data profiling in a large-scale OLTP and OLAP database environments
- Identify strategies to meet application availability, scalability and performance requirements and areas of opportunity for optimizing the Oracle, MSSQL and Vertica environment
- Conduct performance trending and backups across multiple Database instances and create new accounts as required
- Manage patch deployments and upgrades following best practices and provide capacity planning expertise using Oracle's OEM Cloud Control
- Provide administration of development database environments including UAT, Processing, Development and QA based Oracle RAC database
- Perform security implementation in both OS and Database level of production servers ensuring several standard policies and compliances (HIPAA, SOX, PHI)
- Support the business to provide logistic support to Analytics, Production Engineers, Project Managers and Developers
- Working with a distributed team of IT and DBA resources to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all the database platforms are highly available, optimally configured and efficiently managed
- Maintain Production servers and minimize downtime and tuning performance of database instances
- Perform short and long-term system/database planning and analysis including capacity planning, storage performance, system performance and database performance using RMAN backup and recovery, Oracle 11gR2 and RAC production environments.
- Daily use of SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL,Performance tuning of Oracle and MS SQL along with installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance activities
- Maintain High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) of database systems.
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- MSSQL 2008 R2/2012/2014 Database administration including installation and configuration including High Availability (HA) with always on availability clusters
- Backup Practice with minimum data loss in case of disaster and Point in Time Recovery
- Strong knowledge of Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) with MDX, DMX and XMLA queries
- Knowledge of MSSQL Reporting services and Integration Services along with BIDS tools
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL with performance tuning and optimization
- HIPAA regulations and PCI standards within the U.S. healthcare data management industry
- Knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g/12c, ASM, Oracle RAC, Oracle Grid Control, Data Pump, Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Directory Services, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Cloud Control, PL/SQL
- Should have knowledge of Linux and Windows OS.
- Knowledge of Shell, Perl, bash, PowerShell and batch Scripting language
- Familiarity with Hadoop and its components YARN, MapReduce, and HDFS with knowledge of HBase and Hive databases, security administration,cluster administrationand troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and demonstrable capability in scripting, experience in writing Python/PowerShell/Bash and similar scripts; knowledge in Java is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible)
- Administer custom engineered Oracle EXADATA based Oracle Database software technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience of working in SCRUM/Agile team would be added value
- Persuasive in both written and verbal communication
- Strong Analytical Skills
- US Healthcare experience would be added value
To apply, please login to http://www.verscend.com.np/jobs.
|B.E. in Computer Science|
|27 Apr, 18|
|27 May, 18|
Please note the application procedure mentioned above and apply accordingly.