AHF funds its mission to rid the world of AIDS through a network of pharmacies, thrift stores, healthcare contracts and other strategic partnerships. Generating new, innovative ways of treatment, prevention and advocacy has been the hallmark of our success. We are currently leading a mass testing initiative to identify and treat the 25 million people who are unaware they are infected.
By advocating big goals–such as having 1 billion people tested each year–AHF hopes to eliminate older, more time-consuming methods. Since 1
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
(First date of publication: June11, 2018)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international NGO, working in Nepal since 2008 in the field of HIV/AIDS treatment and care. AHF is looking for dynamic and energetic Nepali citizens to fulfill the following position:
Counselor 1 position (Kathmandu)
Counselor is responsible for comprehensive care and counseling to clients in the collaborative ART clinic at Nepal Government’s Hospital. S/he should collaborate with other health care professionals and PLHIV network and groups; provide psychosocial counseling; maintain record of patients care; conduct training to PLHIV and their family; and coordinate with support group meetings.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Intermediate (Proficiency Certificate) in General Medicine (Health Assistant) or Nursing (Staff Nurse) from recognized institution
- 1 years of experience in Health Sector
- Experience in Project Management related to HIV prevention, treatment and care services
- Provide ongoing psychosocial counseling to clients attending the clinic
- Ability to interact with technical experts and experience of working with Government Systems and Structures and support to facilitate continued medical education and technical working group meetings in the assigned clinic / location
- Collaborate with other health care professionals (medical officer, nurse, social worker, community health care worker, home-based caregiver, and psychologist) to adhere treatment protocol adopted by Nepal Government
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and E-mail
- Be able to work to deadlines and cope with a large number of tasks at one time
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
Qualified Nepali citizen are encouraged to apply with CV and contact information to E-mail: Dipesh.Gurung@aidshealth.org with position title in the subject line. Deadline to apply for the positions is June 25 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for assessment. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. These positions are subject to availability of the fund. AHF reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Preference will be given to local applicants with HIV related experience.
|Counseling / PsychoSocial|
|Please check vacancy details|
|10 Jun, 18|
|25 Jun, 18|