Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
As part of the growth of in our Nepal office we are looking to recruit an experienced Consultant (Social Protection) ideally from a Social Protection, Community Development and/or Governance background. OPM have been successfully delivering large projects and acting as technical leads on DIFD programmes and as a result we are looking to build our team. As a Consultant your main accountabilities are:
- Undertake research and analysis on the distributional impacts of policy reforms and interventions on different stakeholder groups and how these can be addressed and managed
- Undertake poverty and policy analysis, particularly through frameworks which emphasise the multidimensional nature of poverty and draw on key concepts such as vulnerability, risk and resilience
- Support policy makers and implementers to analyse, understand and manage the specific political, institutional and social contexts within which they operate to improve policy design and implementation effectiveness;
- Undertake and support the use of participatory methods and processes to provide both quantitative and qualitative data for use in policy design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation;
- Monitor and evaluate projects, programmes and policies, particularly through combining quantitative and qualitative methods to 1) measure the different impact of interventions on different groups of people, and 2) measure different dimensions of poverty, particularly those that are not readily quantified but which poor people themselves identity as important, such as dignity, respect, security and power.
Under these issues, as a core member of the consultancy team the individual will:
- Contribute to the growth of the team and the Company’s consultancy business
- Support the work of other portfolios and programmes by providing advice and input on technical issues relating to actual and potential projects
- Deliver projects and carry out other tasks under the direction of the Deputy Country Office Director in accordance with an agreed Annual Performance Agreement including associated financial and other targets
Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertake technical work on OPM consulting and other projects involving a range of policy, implementation, research and other issues in accordance with required delivery deadlines and OPM quality and report writing standards
- Prepare expressions of interest and proposals for new work opportunities
- Foster good relations with clients including donor agencies and partner government ministries, taking an active role in development new areas of work and potential new relationships through existing or new networks and contacts
- Contribute as required to general business and technical development activities such as writing articles and participating in other research and publication programmes as required
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with all other members of the team and all other OPM colleagues
- Participate in country office meetings and by other means in the general development of the work of the team, the office and the Company.
- Take a pro-active approach to professional and personal career development by working on projects in other OPM technical areas, keeping abreast of the latest developments and taking opportunities to attend training events when appropriate
- Comply with all internal policies, processes and procedures including financial management systems
- Undertake other duties reasonably required by the Deputy Country Office Director
- Manage consulting projects falling within the technical areas
- Provide programme support to the Project Director as necessary including the monitoring, measuring and reporting on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Support the development of programme budgets, manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets ensuring effective collaboration with other teams across the company
- Take responsibility for scheduling and organising regular programme meetings, and ensure an effective exchange of information among programme staff
- Assist in developing and producing programme materials including overseeing the production of regular internal programme reports
- Develop and maintain external contacts with individuals and companies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree and post-graduate qualification in relevant discipline (for example Economics, Finance, Development Studies)
- A solid grounding of the subject matter with associated relevant work experience (in Social Protection, Community Development, Governance preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to the technical area
- Ability to communication effectively with colleagues and clients both verbally and in writing in English and Nepalese
The closing date for applications is Friday 3rd March 2017.
Note: Please visit the link for application procedure: http://www.opml.co.uk/join-us/vacancies
What’s it like working at OPM, and why should you join our growing global organisation? Watch this video to see what our colleagues have to say.
Thank you for considering OPM and we wish you all the best for your application.
|Consulting & Professional Services|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|14 Feb, 17|
|03 Mar, 17|