Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Scope of Work
HR Consultant , SHOPS PLUS Nepal
In Nepal, CRS has been conducting social marketing activities since 1978. Over the years, CRS has grown its staff, its budget and its product line to include three male condoms, two oral contraceptives, one injectable contraceptive, one emergency contraceptive pill, an ORS product, and a water treatment product. Its products are sold throughout the country and it makes a substantial contribution to the national contraceptive prevalence. Currently, its primary source of funding is from USAID through the Ghar Ghar Maa Swasthya (GGMS), or Healthy Homes, project which works in 49 districts in the hill and mountain areas to improve the access to and use of health products by underserved and vulnerable populations.
In 2016, USAID Nepal requested the SHOPS Plus project to provide technical assistance to CRS. Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. SHOPS Plus supports the achievement of US government priorities, including ending preventable child and maternal deaths, an AIDS-free generation, and FP2020. The project improves the equity and quality of the total health system, accelerating progress toward universal health coverage.
In Nepal, SHOPS Plus is a five-year (March 2016 – September 2020), $5 million program to support the goals of USAID and the Government of Nepal of increasing the use of and access to family planning and other health products in Nepal. The SHOPS Plus Nepal program works to build the technical capacity and financial sustainability of the Nepal CRS Company, a social marketing organization and key USAID partner. SHOPS Plus has put a particular emphasis on using data and evidence to inform more effective marketing and behavior change strategies.
In addition to providing technical support to CRS in marketing and communications, SHOPS Plus also has a mandate to improve CRS’ internal management systems including financial, procurement logistics and human resource management processes. In 2018, CRS decided it needed to improve its performance appraisal system to better align staff assessments with project and organizational objectives as well as improving objectivity and transparency in the staff rating systems. With the assistance of SHOPS Plus, CRS has designed a new appraisal form and provided written guidance and now needs to train all staff in the use of the system. One important new task for supervisors will be to analyze job descriptions, determine key objectives, devise key performance indicators and set appropriate targets. This will require staff training and ongoing coaching from CRS’ HR departments and senior managers.
Scope of Work for the consultant
To support the roll out of the new Performance Appraisal system, the HR consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Review and master all the materials associated with the new appraisal system (forms, written guidance) and get guidance from CRS Management and SHOPS Plus on expectations for how the appraisal system will work.
- Design a one to two day training workshop around explaining the new system and giving participants practical exercises for developing technical objectives, KPI’s, targets etc. There should be exercises on how to interpret and apply the new approach to the five level rating system.
- Be lead facilitator for three workshops with CRS staff. One workshop will take place in Kathmandu and two other workshops will take place in CRS field offices. CRS will also designate a co-facilitator for each of the workshops.
- Write up short report on the training workshops, identifying areas requiring additional clarification or follow up.
- Provide additional coaching and support for one to two weeks after the workshops, reviewing and providing quality assurance on the technical objectives, KPI’s and targets submitted by managers.
- Write a short final report with recommendations for CRS on follow up activities during the performance period and during the assessment period which will begin in July 2019.
Contract Duration -The HR consultant’s contract will be from on or about July 9, 2018 – August 15th, 2018. LOE – approximately 30 days.
Draft agenda, workshop plan with detailed notes for exercises and presentations.
Co-facilitation of training events
Workshop training reports from the three workshops facilitated by the consultant.
Final report providing feedback on progress to date and recommendations for CRS for the remainder of the appraisal process.
Desired Qualifications of the HR Consultant:
- Advanced degree (masters) in Management, Human Resources, or related fields.
- Minimum of four year’s experience in management, human resource management, employee capacity development or related fields.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Native or fluent in Nepali
- Two to three years experience in training of adults in Nepal.
Application Instructions: All interested applicants should apply with their CV and cover letter to Gopal_Bhujel@abtassoc.com by June 22, 2018.
|MBA / MBM|
|12 Jun, 18|
|22 Jun, 18|
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
RFP No. 0006
Title: Training of CRS Sales staff
Dear Prospective Offerors:
Abt Associates Inc. (Abt) invites qualified organizations to submit a technical and cost proposal for the requested services that are detailed in the Scope of Work in Section 3 of the attached RFP. This RFP is issued under Cooperative Agreement No AID-OAAA-15-00067 entitled Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus (SHOPS Plus). Abt anticipates awarding a firm fixed price contract resulting from this RFP.
Proposals should be directly responsive to all items, terms, conditions, specifications, and other documents referred to in this RFP.
Interested parties should submit an email expressing interest no later than 17:00 NPT, June 11, 2018.
Questions may be submitted on a rolling basis until 17:00 NPT, June 15, 2018.
All responses to questions will be issued to Offerors as an amendment to this RFP.
Interested parties should submit their final proposals no later than 17:00 NPT, June 25, 2018.
Responding offerors are advised that this solicitation does not in any way obligate Abt to make a contract award or compensate the responding firms for any costs associated with the preparation and submission of their proposals. Additionally, Abt may award a contract without conducting negotiations; all proposals should be submitted initially using your most favorable terms. Abt Associates reserves the right to award any resultant contract to other than the offeror submitting the lowest price proposal, based on technical excellence, schedule superiority or client request.
All communications regarding this RFP should be addressed via email to JefreyBarnes@abtassoc.com and Gopal_Bhujel@abtassoc.com with subject: SHOPS Plus Nepal RFP 0006
For more details please visit the link
|Consulting & Professional Services|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|04 Jun, 18|
|25 Jun, 18|