Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Position: Construction Field Engineer
Report to: Senior Program Coordinators
Location: Kathmandu, OHW Country Office with 75% field visits in program districts
One Heart World-Wide (OHW) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that has been working in the area of Maternal and Neonatal Health for the past ten years. One Heart World-Wide is currently working in nine districts of Nepal. OHW works with local communities and government health system to develop a culturally appropriate Network of Safety around mothers and infants, by raising awareness, teaching good practices, and distributing essential supplies to ensure that mothers and infants survive delivery and the first months of life.
Facility upgrade and renovation is one of the major activity of OHW in order to increase the access and improve the quality of maternal and newborn health services in rural communities. OHW builds strong tie and engages local health facility management community to ensure the local participation and ownership throughout the construction period and later. Under the overall supervision and directives of the Senior Program Coordinators, this position will closely liaise with district coordinators for smooth implementation of the construction/ repair works.
The objective of this post is to facilitate and supervise the renovation and repair of government health facilities that are being upgraded to become birthing centers in OHW program districts.The Engineer will work closely with the district teams and health facility operation and management committee members to accomplish upgradation of the identified birthing centers in the program districts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Regional Coordinators, District Coordinators, Health Facility Management committee regarding construction/renovation of the birthing center
- Develop detail budget and renovation plan based on local market price. Which includes pricing and exploring construction material, contractor, workman, paintings, plumbing, electrical wiring/lighting etc.
- Ensure the quality and consider the infection prevention factor that includes (tiling, flooring, celling and water supply etc.)
- Develop locally appropriate construction/renovation plan (consider the local weather, culture and availability of local resources).
- Ensure that construction work is as per Drawings, Specifications, Bills of Quantities(BOQs) etc.
- Provide technical support to the supervisor/District Coordinator in any contractual issue or additional construction work that might incur extra costs, ensure adherence to costs and timelines.
- Be a facilitator to HFOMC members to explain them about repair and construction plan.
- Act as a liaison person between the OHW and sub‐contractors, if any
- Regularly make supportive supervision visits of project’s site, oversee the works and guide the contractors/builders to ensure the quality of the construction
- Provide the project completion report (separately for each health facility) with actual cost, material used and number of manpower used for auditing purpose.
- Supply decent quality of beforer and after pictures of construction/renovation of the Health Facilities/Birthing centers and submit report in time.
- Manage and oversee the work of OHW hired consultant construction engineer/field supervisor
- Perform any other duties related to the scope of the assignment as determined by the Supervisor
- Bachelor degree in engineering with at least three years’ experiences in related field or Overseer with 7 years of experiences in related field
- Experience in dealing with government agencies and community members
- Experiences in dealing with Donor Funded Projects will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply with cover later, an updated CV with three references to email@example.com by 25 August 2017 before 17:00 hours. Please note the position in the subject line of an email must be "Application for the position of Construction Field Engineer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the next stage of the recruitment process.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|11 Aug, 17|
|25 Aug, 17|