Employee-owned DAI is now a global development company with a record of delivering results in 160 countries. But it remains today what it was as a start-up: innovative, alert, self-critical, and forward-looking—and driven by a powerful sense of corporate purpose. Our mission remains essentially unc
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
SCOPE OF WORK
Position: Conference Coordinator
Period of Performance: On/AboutDecember, 2017 – May, 2018
Level of Effort: STTA,6days per week
Location: Nepal National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (NENCID), Lalitpur
The USAID Paani Program, also known as the पानीपरियोजना, is a 5 year, $25 million USAID-funded Project in Nepal. Water is the single most important natural resource underpinning Nepal’s economy and livelihoods. The sustainable management of water resources in Nepal depends on addressing climate change and protecting healthy, biodiverse ecosystems. Paani aims to enhance Nepal’s ability to manage water resources for multiple uses and users through climate change adaptation and the conservation of freshwater biodiversity. Paani focuses at the watershed, basin, and national scales and the project has approximately $5 million in grants and activity procurements. This goal will be reached by meeting the following objectives:
- Reduce threats to freshwater biodiversity in the Karnali, Mahakali, and Rapti river basins.
- Increase the ability of targeted human and ecological communities to adapt to the adverse impacts of climate change through improved water management.
This will be accomplished through 11 strategic approaches and four intermediate results (IRs, each with several sub-IRs), and supporting activities, as defined in Section C, Statement of Work (SOW) of the Paani Contract, the Year 2 Annual Work Plan and the Paani Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, which provide the framework and overall guidance for all Paani team members.
Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to PANI_recruitment@dai.com by November 27, 2017.
Please mention the position in the subject line of the email.
The Conference Coordinator will support the Nepal National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (NENCID) for the organization and conduct the 8th Asian Regional Conference (ARC) on “Irrigation in Support of an Evergreen Revolution” taking place in Kathmandu on 2-4 May 2018.
The Conference Coordinator will complete the following tasks:
- To work under the guidance of the key persons of the organization committee
- To communicate with ICID, paper presenters, keynote speakers, and other invitees and update the information to the organizing and other relevant committees.
- To support the organizing committee in designing and facilitating the workshop.
- To support in drafting theagenda/program of events to ensure the accomplishment of the overall objectives.
- To supportthe committeein promoting and publicizing theevent
- To promote maximum participation from participants
- To facilitate in conference venue setup.
- To support in the identification, organization and preparation of the workshop breakout rooms
- To be responsible forarranging materials as needed in various contexts including breakouts, panel discussion, paper presentations, poster presentations and ensure timely completion of events.
- To provide detailed guidelines to session leads for their inputs to the conference, and general guidelines for all participants.
- To support and advise presenters on how to maximize active engagement of the group in
- discussion, raising issues, making recommendations and drawing conclusions.
- To continuously gauge and solicit feedback from participants formally and informally.
- To handle all the media and press during the entire event.
- Technical advice and support to participants during the workshop
- Overall guidance to conference secretary and conference support staff in organizing the event.
- Support the organizing committee in preparation of conference proceeding and conference evaluation report.Preparation of conference completion report
Level of Effort:
The Conference Coordinator position is based in Nepal National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (NENCID) office, Lalitpur. The level of effort is 6 months until the completion of the conference. Flexible working hours ability to work evening and weekends if necessary. Ability to plan and prioritize work duties as well as work competently under pressure and tight deadlines
The Conference Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Capacity Building and Higher Education Specialist.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree with proven skills in communication, both writing and speaking, in English
- Highly motivated and experienced in coordinating and planning events
- Applicants must be confident, persuasive, and able to communicate very well in English
- Excellent administration, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent team work and participatory process skills;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Good computer skills.
Women and people from marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|14 Nov, 17|
|27 Nov, 17|