Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
TITLE: Commodity Security Officer
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background:
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Commodity Security Officer will primarily engage with the Logistics Management Division (LMD), or the entity responsible for supply chain management with the Ministry of Health and relevant divisions and ministries of the Government of Nepal (GON) in provinces, and with external development partners (EDPs) to remain informed of significant changes, progress, and challenges related to the health commodity supply chain and the regulations, actors, and projects.
- Liaise with USAID, PSM HQ, EDPs and IP and commodity recipients to manage requisition orders in ARTMIS to ensure timeliness of shipments
- Process commodities as per the commodity flow chart; update flow chart as and when needed
- Coordinate with USAID for the timely approval of requisition orders (ROs)
- Conduct physical inventory counts of stock on inventory worksheets
- Submit timely invoices to commodity recipients and GoN upon delivery of commodities
- Provide leadership and support to provinces to analyze reproductive health and maternal newborn and child health (MNCH) commodity security systems
- Monitor the shelf life of commodities
- Prepare and present stock status report in EDPs meeting
- Analyze stocks of commodities for supply planning and assist the procurement of health commodities
- Visit different level of warehouses and verify stock book balances with physical stock balances of available and damaged commodities
- Conduct periodic reviews of different level of warehouse ledgers, waybills, and physical inventory worksheets and ensure all documents and ledgers have been countersigned
- Provide orientation /coaching or on-site training to warehouse staff
- Ensure that adequate quantities of needed materials and equipment are available in warehouses
- Review quarterly distribution plans and commodity lists
- Coordinate with provinces and attend quarterly commodity coordination meetings.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- At least 3 years relevant experience preferably of health commodity supply chain management or warehousing
- BPharm degree or equivalent experience in supply chain logistics (advanced degree preferred)
- Experience in public health supplies inventory management
- Self-starter, outgoing, and results-oriented with good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills in English and Nepali
- Ability to travel in-country
- Ability to work on complex assignments where judgment and initiative is needed to resolve problems
- Expert user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Commodity Security Officer will report to HSS Team Lead.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal with a start date of 15 December 2017.
Chemonics International Inc. seek to recruit Commodity Security Officerfor its USAID funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project, Nepal.
To apply please email the following to email@example.com
- A 2-3-page write-up giving your thoughts on how you would carry out the job you are applying for.
- Your up-to-date resume including the names of three referees and their phone numbers and email addresses.
- No phone calls concerning these positions please. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Only Nepali nationals need to apply.
Applications close out date for all positions is 28 November 2017.
|Logistics / Procurement|
|B.Pharm. (Bachelors in Pharmacy)|
|06 Nov, 17|
|28 Nov, 17|