Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
The CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support Nepal Seed and Fertilizer (NSAF) project funded by USAID. The project aim is to increase food productivity of cereal based cropping systems including high value crops via formulating site specific fertilizer recommendations, efficient fertilizer application technology identification and applied, and enhancing capacity of stakeholders in seed and fertilizer value chains. Details of position, location and TOR for this position is below and can be found at www.jobsnepal.com. This is a field-based position.
Position title: Field Research Technician
Reference No: N18115
Report to: Assistant Research Associate
Major duties and responsibilities
- Implementing and maintaining experimental trials in collaboration with farmers, project personnel, and public and private sector collaborators.
- Helping operate, maintain, and repair appropriate farm machinery.
- Accurate and timely data collection on soil, crop, and other associated parameters—including standard soil and crop laboratory measurements, and frequent data entry using Excel.
- Providing project personnel with frequent data summaries, graphing, and statistical analysis.
- Assisting project personnel to develop training modules and outreach materials
- Coordinating, and often leading, technical trainings and demonstrations for farmers and service providers.
- Coordinating and ensuring smooth logistics for field days/other community outreach events.
- Maintaining good communication links with all key project personnel as well as farmers and public-private sector partners.
- Managing data as specified by the Project Coordinator.
- Preparing data and research reports.
- Undertaking other project-related tasks as needed.
Educational and experiential requirements
- The post holder is required to have a Bachelor degree or equivalent knowledge in Agronomy or other relevant discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of the field of work or specialized equipment.
- Basic knowledge of administrative and/or operating protocols and procedures of research support function.
- Basic Supervisory skills and experience.
- 1 to 3 years - Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter to Recruit-Nepal@cgiar.org no later than Friday, 15 June 2018.
Please include position and reference number in the subject of your email.
Incomplete applications (without CV and cover letter) will not be taken into consideration and any inquiries through telephone will not be entertained.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork and respect for diversity.
Women are encouraged to apply.
|B. Sc. (Agriculture)|
|24 May, 18|
|15 Jun, 18|