Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Magic Bus India Foundation, Nepal Country Office is an International Development Organization (INGO) that works with some of the world’s poorest children and young people to ensure they move from childhood to livelihood. We equip young people with the skills and knowledge they need to grow up and move out of poverty. Magic Bus has its country offices in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, UK, USA, Singapore and Germany. Magic Bus India Foundation, Nepal Country Office is registered in Nepal as a Non- Profit Organization under the Social Welfare Council (SWC) / Government of Nepal has been working in Nepal since 2016; having it’s country office in Lalitpur, Nepal.
Magic Bus Nepal Country Office invites application for the following position. Qualified Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Admin & Finance Officer (Commercial Officer), Country Office, Kathmandu based
Admin and Finance Officer (Commercial Officer). This position is based in Magic Bus Nepal Country Office, Lalitpur, Nepal.
Country Representative Nepal and Regional Director, East
- The role holder will be accountable for heading the function
- Overall ownership of Finance function with an oversight of administration
- Fund Request & Utilization Report to the HO Finance
- Handling Petty cash payments, IOU’s and proper accounting of the same.
- Up to date Book keeping in Tally version 9
- Verification of all transactions for bills, authorization, etc. prior to payments
- Fund management
- Attending internal Audit and external audits and giving necessary clarifications, liaison with auditors for smooth completion of the Audit
- Tracking the expenses of all the cost centres, highlighting the cost over runs and suggesting cost control measures based on the analysis
- Preparing Financial Donor report (Audited & Unaudited)
- Preparing MIS reports as required, on monthly basis and reporting back to State Head.
- Preparing MIS report for funders,as required and reporting back to HO Finance, State Head & Fundraising dept.
- Conducting an Audit of the Districts and clusters as per laid down Audit plan, at least twice a year.
- Prepare monthly cash flow request with the help of Program Head Nepal and send it to Regional Director, East for approval
- Validate and consolidate the weekly staff advance request (IOU) duly approved by Program Head and send to region for final approval
- Settlement of advances; verifying the bills, documents, contracts, legitimacy of the expenses, necessary approvals etc.
- Process vendor bills of KTM office and district, forward to region for disbursement with approval of Regional Director, East
- On line day to day accounting entries for all the above transactions with appropriate cost centers
- Prepare Financial Reportsto SWC Nepal and other relevant government authorities
- Preparation of funder report (first draft) in coordination with Program Head Nepal
- Manage and account for petty cash on daily basis
- Ensure that the finance and accounts function is carried out as per the set guidelines of MB
- Collect project monitoring and cost reporting data
- Produce monthly financial summary reports coordinating with Programme Head
- Support implementing partner in financial book keeping and financial management and support preparing partner’s financial report in line with MOU between MB Nepal office and implementing partner.
- Monitor partner’s budgets to ensure project expenditures versus milestones and reimbursements.
- Partner’s expense verification and spot check activities and provide timely feedback.
- Working knowledge on the financial and tax rules of the land.
- Ensure day to day administration of the office and comply with administrative requirements.
- All the tasks in JD are executed timely, cost effective and in an efficient manner within compliance of Magic Bus.
- Upkeep and maintenance of books of account, files, office property and assets.
- Maintenance of Inventory Records and Register
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets Register including IT Register
- Maintenance of Employees – Funder Register
- Insurance –ensure Corporate Cover Policy – Assets / Fire and Burglary. Coordination with HO team for any medi-claim and accidental cases
- Establish suppliers for program and office requirements with necessary contracts and MOUs
- Ensure that visitors are supported by logistic and other arrangements
- Support the Program Manager in HR processes; joining documentation of employees, bank account opening, Leave data maintenance, Exit process, necessary communication to regional HR and central payroll team.
- Ensure data entry of “admin master data”, “IT update”, “yearly expenses” and “Housekeeping, Printing & officeStationary.
- Visit field locations to carry out quality audits for the organization.
- Proven experience in managing large teams in implementation level.
- Dealing with external bodies, Government authorities, Academics, Corporate, Research Bodies, etc.
- Pro-activeness and self-starter of own work with work prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a challenging environment including travel to rural and remote areas and working extra hours.
- Ability to multi task, and respond to program needs and changes on a short notice.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Management/ Finance or similar professional qualification from a reputed institution.
- 5+ years’ experience in Finance and Accounts Management, 2 years in a similar role and experience in administrative function.
- Working knowledge of accounting software Tally and proficiency in Microsoft Office/ Excel.
- Key competencies shall include result orientation, communication, analytical skills, interpersonal abilities, and timeliness
- Proven track record of performance in similar role and stability on the previous roles shall be the added advantage.
- Strong financial and administrative management, organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a team-oriented setting. Strong written and oral languages skills in English and Nepali.
Tentative Time allocation in project sites
30 % of time to be used in the field visits to project sites and capacity building of partners’ staff for ensuring quality financial management.
Interested deserving candidates are requested to send their application letter, motivation letter and an updated CV and salary expectations with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org and GPO Box: 24599, Kathmandu, Nepal; mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email. The application deadline 20 July, 2018. Full Job Descriptions can be available in a request through email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.
|Finance & Administration|
|MBA / MBM|
|28 Jun, 18|
|20 Jul, 18|